Hi, my name is Neil and thanks for visiting my website and showing an interest in my wedding photography.
I’ve always been artistic and creative. At the same time I’ve never been one to follow the crowd and have always sought to do things my own way. Probably one of the reasons why I was so difficult to teach at school ! So the opportunity to become a self employed photographer was a dream come true. This was back in the mid 80’s, when after a few dead end office jobs, I set a studio with my father John. We specialise in portraits and of course weddings 🙂
I love photographing weddings (the proof being that I have shot over one thousand of them !) and still have that excitement and buzz before each one. I’ve photographed weddings all over the UK as well as Europe and have even gone as far as Australia. Have camera will travel 🙂
I was born and raised in Reading (as you probably guessed) and am happily married with 2 teenage kids. My other passions are street photography (check out my Instagram Page), classical and modern art, travel and following Reading Football Club. I’m also a big music fan some of my favourite bands being Radiohead, Oasis, Blur, Bombay Bicycle Club, Led Zeppelin and The Stones.
Neil Palmer LMPA – Feb 2017.
WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK ME
* 30+ years experience of shooting weddings, having shot well over one thousand – Less chance of me botching up !
* Great photography ! I’ve always avoided anything mainstream or middle of the road and have developed my style with this in mind. I’m probably one of the few wedding photographers in the UK that does not present all their images in standard ratio (3:2). Instead I sometimes present my images in a more dynamic, almost cinematic format (16:9) which lends itself better to documentary and story telling photography in my opinion. I also offer square images which look particularly good for portraits and character studies. No cheesey poses, wacky processing or industry trends. Just pure, simple photography which I hope you’ll be proud to show your grandchildren. See what my clients say 🙂
* Small cameras and minimal equipment. I’ve recently moved over to shooting with Fuji XT-2 cameras. Why is this important you may ask ? It means I blend in better with your guests, I don’t look like the official photographer as they are much smaller, almost pocketable. With their tilt screens I also have much more choice of different angles. As expected I carry spare cameras, lenses and flash guns should anything go wrong.
* In the event of illness I have many excellent colleagues who can cover me at very short notice. I’m a member of several forums and we occasionally help each other out in emergencies. These will be very experienced wedding photographers, not part timers or students, who work in a very similar style to me.
* I have all the usual insurance stuff including public liability and professional indemnity.
* I’m a fully qualified member of The Master Photographers Association (MPA) In the unlikely event you’re not happy with my service or product then you can contact them for advice.
* Simple a la carte pricing. I charge per hour so you can decide how long you want me for. If you only require a few hours coverage right up to a full day I have appropiate pricing
Bonnie and Mark – wedding Syon Park, Middlesex – ‘Thanks again Neil. Mark and I are completely delighted with your work and you’re amongst the top wedding photojournalists in the UK — we looked at the best in the UK amongst many, many others but are so happy we went with you. You are at least as talented, if not more so, far better value and a great person to boot! Bonnie’